What does your planner carry?
At Melanie Parent Events we believe there are some wedding day essentials no bride (or wedding party) should be without on the big day. Although we sincerely hope you don’t have to use our Emergency Kit, we always have it handy. You just never know what might happen and being prepared with these Emergency Kit essentials is a must! Many items that we carry are typical and should be in every planners kit, however we have a few extras that not everyone will carry around. Here are just some of the items we bring to every wedding and event we take part in:
The absolute essentials that should be found in every kit:
Nail filer and tweezers
Gum and mints
The extras found in our Emergency Kit
- Zip ties: We use zip ties often when securing floral pieces, signs and other decor.
- Flower wire and tape: Sometimes our brides like to re-use floral pieces from the ceremony at the reception. Because we move them around we always like to fix them to make sure they look as flawless as when they arrived.
- Exacto knife: You just never know!
- Tape: We carry around multiple types of tape to fit any job. We have scotch tape, packing tape and double sided tape… we like to be prepared!
- Crazy glue: We’ve used crazy glue to fix centrepieces, or a heel on a shoe… It’s very handy to have.
- Spray bottle: When your flowers are outside in the sun for many hours, keeping them hydrated is essential. We carry around a spray bottle to mist your bouquet throughout the day.
- Reserved seating signs: You don’t want grandma stuck in the back row, allow us to reserve her a seat up front.
- Eyelash glue: For all the ladies wearing false lashes, someone is bound to need it.
- Curling Wand: Sometimes your hair can get a little wind blown. We carry around a curling wand and hairspray just in case.
- Ribbon: You just never know when you need extra ribbon for that added little detail. Gorgeous ribbon also comes in handy if you need to block off an aisle or entry while still keeping it pretty.
- Mini flashlight: With the many tent weddings we do, a flashlight is always handy
- Batteries: We always have spare batteries in our Emergency Kit for wireless microphones.
- IPhone charger: Obviously!
- Tampons: Better safe than sorry, right?
When choosing your planner ensure they come prepared! You just never know what the day will bring. We always make sure our couples are well taken care of and our kit is always fully stocked for each event. If you want to learn more about the benefits of working with us send us a message!
Here are other great sites that have checklist and ideas on what you should pack on your big day!